20080903

Philippines - Where it all started



I was freaked out when my parents decided to send me to Philippine to continue my study. Part of me was excited that I would study overseas, but the other part of me was totally scared to death!

The decision was against my will, but finally in March 2002 I flew to Philippine. Little did I know this was a big step I have ever made that opened window of opportunities in my life.

Since English is not my first language, I had to take an English class before I continue my MBA program. It was freaking hard! 2 months program was like a hell torture. Can you imagine that I had to memorize 150 new vocabularies every week? Listening and reading session every afternoon and not to mention the composition homework every day! Phew, I’m glad I survived!

AIIAS stands for Adventist International Institute of Advanced Studies. It is an International School which located in Silang, Philippines owned by Adventist worldwide organization. I had a blast being a student there. I met many friends across nations and countries who helped me to broaden the way I think.

One of my teachers, Mr. Dunder was the one who introduced me to the world of traveling and photography. Normally every term ends, he would took us to new places for beaching, trekking, island hopping and snorkeling. It was fun and addictive. I followed his footprints. I never stopped traveling since then.

2 comments:

Daniel said...

Now I know where your excellent English does come from! It is always a challenge talking to you... and makes me feel I should improve mine :) No, I actually WANT :D

Rintjez said...

Heyy, that's not true! Your English is waaaayyyy betta than me :D

I'm the one who needs to improve :)